For the finest in custom hand finishing, the skilled craftsman at Hartmann & Company have been mastering fine furniture and antique refinishing and restoration for over 40 years. Trained in traditional hand finishing, our experts use shellacs & waxes, and do hand sanding, carving, veneer repairs, wood matching, hand staining, and joint repairs as well as manufacture all missing parts, to restore all pieces to their original beauty. Our shop can also do complex paint and water proofing finishes, depending on the project. We are one of the few French Polishing shops in Canada.
Refinish or Restore Your Good Furniture & Heirlooms
- Dining Rooms, Bed Rooms, Living Rooms
- Coffee Tables & End Tables
- Chairs, Desks, Bookcases, China Cabinets
- Repairs of all kinds, Cane Replacement, Glueing
- French Polishing, Veneer Repairs, Parts made that are missing....and so much more.
We do Hand Finishing using Old World Finishes and Techniques, as well as Modern Spray Finishes and Paint Finishes. Our Workshop has been in operation for over 40 Years.
Call , email or come in for your Free Estimate
Fine Restorations provides:
- Regluing and structural repairs to chairs, tables, and case pieces
- Replacement of missing or badly damaged parts
- Veneer and inlay repairs
- Restoration of carved elements and moldings
- Hand finishing and finish restoration, including French Polishing
- Custom furniture making
On request, we can provide written evaluations of clients' pieces, including recommendations for treatment. Written and photo documentation of work performed is also available. We provide our own trusted experts and expertise to upholstery, chair seating, decorative painting, and stripping/refinishing services. Work is done in our well-equipped and professional workshop in Nanaimo B.C. Canada